It is now down to the business end in the Momentum One Day cup as the four play-off spots have now been confirmed.
The Warriors survived a scare after losing for consecutive matches which left them with a must-win encounter with the WSB Cape Cobras in Port Elizabeth. The Titans had a poor start to their campaign losing their first three matches but the return of Proteas batsman, Aiden Markram provided the much-needed batting muscle to sway the results to their favor. Markram is averaging 131 runs from 3 innings at a strike-rate of 131.
Here are 5 things you might have missed in the MODC 2018/19 season
- 20 Batsmen have scored centuries in the group stages. Markram, Sarel Erwee and Dominic Hendricks have scored two centuries each making a total of 23 centuries in the tournament so far.
- Cobras opener Janneman Malan is the top run-scorer (435 runs). The 22-year-old has scored one century and a couple of half centuries.
- Junior Dala has the most wickets. He has picked up 20 wickets at an average of 19.45. Merchant de Lange who is second is 6 wickets behind Dala.
- Anrich Nortje leads the charts on economy rates. However, Nortje has only picked 3 wickets in 3 matches.
- The highest score this season is 183 by Theunis de Bruyn, the equal highest List A score in South African domestic cricket.
27 March 2019 @ 13h30, Centurion
Titans v Cobras
28 March 2019 @ 13h30, Durban
Dolphins v Warriors