Cricket South Africa(CSA) announced the resumption of Cricket in the country with a new format called 3TeamCricket. The once-off event is set to take place in Pretoria on 27 June in the Solidarity Cup.
The event will feature three teams of eight players each – Kingfishers led by Kagiso Rabada, Kites led by Quinton de Kock, and Eagles led AB de Villers – who will all play against each other in the same match for the Solidarity Cup. The match will be played behind closed doors at SuperSport Park inline with the South African government regulations during the Level 3 Lockdown restrictions.
- A match will be contested between three teams of eight players each and played over 36 overs in two halves of 18 overs, with a break at halftime
- Teams bat for one innings of 12 overs, split between two 6-over periods. They face one opponent in the first half and the other opponent in the second half
- In the first half, teams rotate from batting to bowling to the dugout with the starting positions determined by a draw
- In the second half, teams bat in order of the highest scores in the first half. If scores are tied, the order is reversed.
- After the fall of the 7th wicket, the last batsman stands alone. However, he can only score in even numbers of runs
- If the 7th wicket falls in the first half, the team forfeits the remaining part of that half and the last batsman resumes the innings in the second half
- Each bowling team has the use of one new ball for their full 12 overs, which is used for both opponents.
The team with the most runs win Gold followed by Silver and then Bronze.
Kingfishers: Kagiso Rabada (captain), Reeza Hendricks, Janneman Malan, Faf du Plessis, Heinrich Klaasen, Chris Morris, Glenton Stuurman, Tabraiz Shamsi
Kites: Quinton de Kock (captain), Temba Bavuma, JJ Smuts, David Miller, Dwaine Pretorius, Lutho Sipamla, Beuran Hendricks, Anrich Nortje
Eagles: AB de Villiers (captain), Aiden Markram, Rassie van der Dussen, Kyle Verreynne, Andile Phehlukwayo, Sisanda Magala, Junior Dala, Lungi Ngidi
All the action will be broadcast live on SuperSport from 11:00am SAST.